Kayden's Thoughts On: Burning Love







I won't really call myself the biggest expert on music, but I can't resist a good tune when I hear one, and I must say, I've been on a bit of an Elvis kick as of late.

Back in 2022, I watched Baz Luhrmann's Elvis film and it gave some great insights into the life and achievements of the man, his success and fame, his downfalls and missed opportunities too, truly shows how human he was, how we should appreciate life, taking chances where we can to see how far we can go.

There are numerous songs in Elvis' discography that we can go through and if I were to name every hit, we would be here all day. So today, I will focus on one of my personal favourites, Burning Love.

This wasn't even intended as an Elvis song in the first place, initially being written as an R&B tune in 1972, but I'm glad Presley got the chance to record it, for it, for me, is one of Presley's signature hits, showcasing his powerful vocals and energetic style. The song's lyrics speak of passionate love, with catchy melodies and a driving rhythm that captivates listeners. Over the years, "Burning Love" has remained a beloved track in Presley's discography, embodying the essence of his rock and roll persona.

In 2015, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra remastered "Burning Love" in a stunning orchestral rendition, adding a new dimension to the iconic song. With lush orchestration and symphonic arrangements, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra version brings a fresh perspective to Presley's timeless hit, infusing it with grandeur and elegance while preserving its infectious energy. This rendition pays homage to Presley's legacy while reimagining his music for contemporary audiences, showcasing the enduring appeal of "Burning Love" across generations.

Personal Thoughts

Burning Love will be forever engrained in my mind as an absolute banger. Whether it be the original, or the reorchestrated version, both instill me with motivation and energy when I'm feeling down and out, pushing me to finish what I start. Technically, it is a love song too as it talks about a passionate love, so who knows, I could be singing it to my special someone one day. Oh well, if I can dream (oh?).

So yes, thank you for listening to my little ramble, stay tuned for more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kayden's Wheel Reports: Great Leisure Heritage Rail

Kayden's Wheel Reports: Sacramento Valley Live Steamers 'Better Beer Co. No.2'

Kayden's Wheel Reports: Victorian Railways D3 658